A Travellerspoint blog

To Hanoi or not to Hanoi

That is the question!

We left Koh Chang and headed straight to central Bkk to get our Vienam visa and do some serious shopping at MBK & Siam centres, We stayed at the lovely Reno hotel (bye bye budget) as I had a stinking cold (thank you snorkelling trip) and needed a little luxury.

After two days in commercial meltdown we decided to head back to the more budget friendly Banglampu.
We were all set to fly to Hanoi on the 4th Nov when I checked the Vitnam weather - oh oh!
'Hanoi struggles under one meter of flood water', '55,000 homes in N. & Central Vietnam in floods' etc etc.
After much research on forums and web we decided to postpone our Hanoi branch of the trip as more heavy downpours are fore cast. (Sympathies go out to the Hanoians.)

So - we are still in BKK pondering our next move - but its looking like the DJ Shadow gig at Culture club bkk is too tempting to miss (5th Nov).
Will it be North to Chaing Mai and Luang Prabang? Or S.E through Cambodia?
Will type soon!!!

Posted by GavandJen 21:13 Archived in Thailand

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint